St. Gabriel’s is a registered charity: St. Gabriel’s Management Inc. (SGMI)
The Board of Management comprises eight directors, three of whom are elected for four years, a representative of the PTA elected for two years and the Anglican Church appoints three representatives of Synod.
The Board of Management:
- Mrs. Karlene Nicholls - Chairperson
- Mr. Kemar Cumberbatch - Vice Chair
- Mr. Nicole Wilson - Treasurer
- Mrs. Helga Clarke - Secretary /
- Mrs. Jenna Skeete - PTA Representative to the Board
- Mrs. Angela Blackett - Principal
- Mr. Kemar Cumberbatch - (Synod Representative)
- Rev. John Rogers - (Synod Representative)
- Mrs. Denise Nurse - (Synod Representative)
The Board meets at least twice a term. The Annual General Meeting (AGM) is usually held in Term one.
The Education Committee
Comprising two former educators, the Heads of the Infant and Junior Departments and the Principal, meet to review the work of the school each term.
The Financial Committee
Headed by the Board's Treasurer, ensures that the finances of the school are well managed and effectively employed. We are a not-for-profit charitable Corporation.
Industrial Relations/ Human Relations Committee
Led by the Chair of the Board, this committee oversees all matters pertaining to employment.
Led by the Vice-Chair- is responsible for the maintenance of the school plant and grounds, new builds and improvements.